What are the criteria for getting a loan with Lending Works?back to top
To request a loan with Lending Works, you'll need to be at least 20 years old, in addition to having a good credit history and being able to afford the repayments on the loan you've applied for, which we'll need to verify. We'll also need to confirm your identity to help prevent fraud and money laundering. For more information please see the personal loans page.
Getting a quoteback to top
Getting a quick, personalised loan quote with us could hardly be any simpler. You can start by clicking here.
All that's left to do now is fill in the short loan quote form. Don't worry - it takes less than two minutes to complete.
That's all there is to it. Simply accept our terms & conditions and click on 'Get my quote'. We'll return an almost instant decision and, provided you've passed our initial checks, you'll be quoted a provisional APR. All that's left to do now is complete your application.
Completing your loan applicationback to top
If, after applying for your quick quote, you are provisionally approved, you will then see a page with a breakdown of your loan amount and duration, along with provisional figures for the APR, monthly cost, total amount payable and more. If you are happy with these figures and would like to proceed, you will have the opportunity to finish your application - there and then - by clicking the 'Apply for this loan' button and moving onto the second and final application form.
This form is even quicker to fill out than the first one, and, if approved, you'll be all set to get a loan with us. The only details you'll need to provide for this one are:
- Your marital status
- Your employment details
- Some brief details regarding your finances
Once you have filled out the form, click on 'Complete application', and, if you are successful, you will receive an offer of a loan from us subject to manual review by our underwriters. Simply click on 'Finish', and, as an active borrower with Lending Works, you'll then be directed to 'mission control' - or, as we like to call it, your online dashboard.
If, after receiving your initial quote, you'd like to hold off before proceeding, that's okay too. Your quote will be valid for five days. When you're ready to go ahead, log back in to your Lending Works account, and do the following:
- Select the loan you have been quoted for, and click on the 'Complete or amend application' button on the right
- Complete the remaining details in the application form, as per the steps outlined above
If you are a customer making use of a broker, a link will be sent to you directing you to this second application form. Simply click on the link, log into your account, and follow the steps outlined above to complete your application.
Your borrower dashboardback to top
So, you've applied for a loan, and, in doing so, created your account with Lending Works. Now that you've done that, you'll find yourself at the helm of your online dashboard. Here's how it will look...
Your dashboard essentially comprises two relevant sections - the tabs on the left-hand side of the dashboard, and a dropdown menu where your name is on the top right.
On the left-hand side of the dashboard, you will see the following three tabs:
- Get a new loan quote (should you be interested in acquiring a new loan quote with us, please click here)
- Upload documents (we may require you to upload certain documents during the manual review of your loan application, or even subsequently. You can do so easily here)
- Download statements (here you can download all statements since the commencement of your loan)
In the dropdown menu on the top-right of your dashboard, you will note the following two tabs:
- My details (you can us updated of your personal and contact details by clicking here)
- Notifications (you will be notified of all relevant activity with your loan here)
Cancelling your loan applicationback to top
We pride ourselves on offering loans with highly competitive APRs, along with a repayment structure that allows you the flexibility to make early repayments (and/or overpayments) at any time, and at no extra cost. However, you can also cancel your loan request after making it.
If you wish to cancel a loan application after you have submitted it, you should:
- Log in to your borrower dashboard
- Select the loan request you wish to cancel
- Click on 'Cancel'
- Check the confirmation details
- If you still wish to go ahead with the cancellation, please select a reason for doing so from the dropdown and then click 'Cancel loan request'